The clips in the balances for a double-hung

A home owner from Sacramento says:

Hi: While removing the interior window of my double-hung, I broke the clips in the balances. I don't know the manufacturer of the window, but there is an etched-in 'L' in the corner. (First pic) The part I broke, the blue clip, is in the second photo.

Can I just replace the clips? If so, do you sell them? If I have to replace the balances for this window, do you sell them?

Thanks.

Bill 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7066.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7064.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Bill. As a matter of fact, we do sell this shoe by itself. See our 15-233.

Keep in mind that putting them back on the balance can be a little tricky. The cord is under a lot of tension because of the nature of how these work. Make sure you wear gloves and goggles just in case.

Also note that the shoe breaking is sometimes a sign that the balance isn't far behind. You may need to replace that sooner than later. Could be next week, couple be a couple years yet. It's hard to say. If you did want to replace the balance, let me know; we can help, but these need to be custom made, so it's a bit of a process.

A home owner from Sacramento says:
Hi Tom:

If it would be easier to put in new balances, I'd rather do that. Can you tell me what specs you would need to make them? I have a photo of the imprint on the vinyl cover for the balances. Let me know what else you would need to make them, and how much $$$. THanks.

Bill Layne
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing! So, what I'll need is the length of the metal channel, the stamp printed on it, and a picture of the top end where it installs in the window track. Seeing a picture of the balance itself may also be helpful; it should have a ribbed style metal channel, but you can never be too safe. That would be my only major concern. Lastly, I will also need quantity.

Once I have that data, I will email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.