The latch lever/turning lever to my sliding glass patio door is broken

A quick learner from Portland Oregon says:

Hello! I am in a real bind. My house closes in two weeks and my sliding glass patio door sash has broken. I need to replace the lash lever and the rectangular stem. The lock was old and over time more and more pressure was needed to open the lash lever; eventually it snapped. I replaced the old mortise lock, only to discover that the rectangular stem portion (the part that allows the lash to turn the lock) is too thick. So I need those two parts desperately. This door is about 12 years old and I've had a bear of a time finding the replacement parts. Please help me! ?

Brian

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20FAC9F7-1FE3-4D7E-A067-B83DF6666FDA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CE23F928-A763-4698-90B7-C7525FDF04A9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Brian. I'm afraid I don't recognize this handle set, but we may be able to help. Can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? Can you also show me a picture of the original mortise lock?

A quick learner from Portland Oregon says:
Hello Tom. The mortise lock on the right is the original lock and the one on the left is the one I bought to replace it. You should be able to see that the pin which turns the lock is thicker for the original lock. I can't seem to find this exact one anywhere. Also, the brand name is Vanguard for the handles. The screws at 4" apart.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A326D1BB-18C5-4AEB-BC7D-62F4076FA71C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B6EB521D-CD5E-4F5C-9DE6-66A77FB6A366.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! I believe you can get our 82-030 handle to work. This is fully compatible with the mortise that you purchased. It also has a 3-15/16" hole spacing, when you measure center-to-center, which I suspect is the case for your original.

All a patio door handle has to do is fit on the same screw holes and interact with the mortise. The 82-030 should be able to do both of these things, so I think it's your best bet.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.