The lock is not catching. It is loose.

A quick learner from Eastern Pendle WV says:
No markings on existing hardware other than its Guardian Sliding glass door.I would like to know what handle/lock i need to replace with since the lock is not catching when I go to lock the door. Or do I just need to order that middle locking piece. Help a single woman!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210422_124219.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. This mortise lock looks like our 82-226. For the handle set, you could use either the 82-086 or 82-087 depending on the finish you prefer. Compare the dimensions just to ensure this hardware is what you need.

A quick learner from Eastern Pendle WV says:
I purchased the lock and then the handle, the handle twice because I jacked the first one up when trying to cut the length of the little piece for locking. But now that I have it cut correctly and the new handle on, its still not locking. Do I need a new striker plate for the new lock that I purchased from you?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Is it that the lock hook isn't reaching the keeper? If so, you probably just have to adjust the new mortise. You will note a small, slotted screw just above the hook. By turning that you extend the hook out or retract it back in, depending on which way you turn it. That should fix the issue.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.