These are Semco Tilt Windows made in 1998

Quick Learner from Wisconsin
Jul 19, 2023 7:46 pm
Greetings Swisco:

I need to verify what parts I need.
Here's what I do know.
-The Weight of one window with glass is 25.5 pounds.
-The locking terminal is BLACK-- is it model 15-197?
The length of the channel balance is 31-inches long-- is it model 751?

Two locking terminals are broken, but I want to order two channel balances I just need to know which ones to order.
IMG-0844 IMG-0845 IMG-0846
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 20, 2023 11:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but, unfortunately, we are not able to confirm the correct replacement balance and fitting for your window without seeing the original hardware uninstalled. Take a look at the video below that shows the general removal process for this type of balance assembly and we can go from there. Thank you! 

Quick Learner from Wisconsin
Jul 25, 2023 8:48 pm
Thank you for your reply and for your patience with my reply. Please see the attached photos, hopefully, they help you identify the necessary hardware.
IMG-0847 IMG-0848 IMG-0849 IMG-0851
4 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 26, 2023 1:30 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like your bottom fitting is broken but as long as the dimensions of the 15-197 shown below match up to yours, you should be good to go with that but it will need to be a custom order. It also looks like your balance is stamped with 30HD, which will support a sash between 23-29 lbs. We just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Dimensions for 15-197
Dimensions for 15-197

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts