wooden screen door roller

A quick learner from Orange County, CA says:
My name is Michael, want to know if the part is available. If not, can I just replace the wheels? If so, is there wheel parts and tool to take the wheels off? Thank you so much for you soonest advise on what options are there for me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4277D50C-BB0F-4F5D-99B1-FF957DAC112F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8E0F9215-D59C-42BA-8F1D-7568A6918313.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement for your roller assembly but you may be able to use either the 81-266 or 81-272 roller and axle kit depending on the size of your wheel. 

You would most likely need to drill out the original wheel and, to install the replacement, you'd need a hard surface like a steel plate, a hammer, and a Phillips-head screwdriver. First, line up your wheel, housing and rivet on the flat hard surface, and use the Phillips tip and hammer to start hammering the rivet. That will begin spreading the rivet and once it spreads enough you would remove the screw tip and continue hammering the rivet to flatten it out. 

Take a look at our parts specifications to see if one of our kits could work for you. Thanks for posting! 

Hello Casey:

Thank you for your quick response, I've already ordered 81-272 and will follow your video to replace with the new part. Thank you again for your assistance.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Casey:

The roller kit I purchased 1-1/2" dia roller and Axle kit (81-272) is way too big. Please see attached photos, I'm not sure if 1-1/4" will even work? Is 1" available or should I try 1-1/4"? I hope that based on the photos you can help me. Also, how can I return the one I ordered?

Thank you,

Michael 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7FACFA3E-0855-46F9-806A-9380E93CDFEC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6D36DEBA-2C8E-4E3B-8E86-C7A09B8C673D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5812693F-3843-44D9-818B-E270E99FAB96.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this for you. We do not carry a 1" wheel to repair your original roller but take a look at the 81-247 roller with a 27/32" diameter concave wheel, which would be slightly under 7/8", and see if the specifications could work for your repair. You are also welcome to look through our return policy here

How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 84-017 screen door roller assembly
How to install the 84-017 screen door roller assembly
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.