Thumb lock for an Andersen Window sliding door circa 1993

A quick learner from NJ says:
Anderson window circa 1993- thumb snapped off sliding door. Need replacement part. Does anyone know what part number I need?
A customer submitted image of their Andersen latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure, check out our 82-043. The 82-043 is the newest version of the thumb latch you currently have and will be the closest thumb latch to what you currently have.
A quick learner from Old bridge, NJ says:
I think 82-241 looks closer. Please compare my pictures to that one and advise.

I see it only comes in gold and steel colored but the color doesn't make much difference as long as the lock fits. It's a back door leading onto the deck outside, and needs a very sturdy lock. The 82-043 looks very fragile. The old one is a very heavy metal -seems more sturdy than 043. The 82-241 looks like a stronger lock.

Also, the plate is rectangle more like the 82-241 not oval like the 82- 043.
Profile picture of Paul
You could possibly use the 82-241, yes, though I don't know if it's necessarily stronger. I only recommend the 82-043 because it is the newer version of the older style Andersen thumb latch that you appear to have. Keep in mind that the reason why these thumb locks usually break is because the internal mortise needs to be replaced, not through any fault of the latch itself. You may want to double check that just in case.
A quick learner from Old bridge says:
Does the new latch include the entire internal mortise? If not, what do I need to do to check it? Can a 67yr old senior female - who is usually pretty handy- do this or do I need a service (handyman) to fix this problem? LOL
Profile picture of Paul
Neither come with the inside mortise, but it could be our 82-037. This is the mortise lock most commonly used with the 82-043 and 82-241. You will have to remove yours and compare it to the specs we show online to be sure.

It is very easy! All you have to do is unscrew the thumb latch base that appears to still be installed, then the mortise lock itself.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.