Tie bar and tie bar guide for BF Rich casement window

A home owner from Baltimore MD says:

Hello, I have another BF Rich casement window besides this one. The other one is missing both the long metal rod (tie bar?) and one of the plastic tie bar guides that it fits through.

Is this something you would still have in stock? I saw that BF Rich has gone out of business, so wasn't sure whether that made their parts impossible to find now.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

Leo H.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think we can help, yes. Right off the bat I'm pretty sure that our 39-417 will work for you. As for the tie bar itself, can you confirm its length? It looks super small. The shortest we have is our 38-903, which is 22.9" long. I got a feeling this is way too big. Please get back to me with your length and we'll look into other options.

A home owner from Baltimore MD says:
Thanks so much for looking into this!

My tie bar is just under 11 inches long.

Please let me know if you're able to find other options.

Best regards,

Leo
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Hopefully I can help. This is kind of a weird setup and to be honest I'm not 100% sure how it works. It looks like you have two cone rollers, which you can see on a lot of the longer tie bars we carry, but I don't see any lock drive point at all.

This, in addition to your incredibly short length, makes me wonder if your tie bar was custom made for a short window. BF Rich are no longer in business so the original tie bar might not be available anymore. I bet whoever installed the one you have now figured that out and were forced to cut it down from a longer size. That's just a guess, though. It's what I would have done.

Take a look at the different size tie bars on this page (near the bottom). See if you can match up the two cone rollers on yours to one of ours. You may need to cut down a longer tie bar the same way.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.