Tilt Balance Replacement Parts

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi we took this out of a hansons replacement window don't know manufacture
or year. The windows were in there when we purchased.
We know we need 2 pcs but don't really know how much is broken off?
Any ideas. It looks like a spring wrapped in vinyl with a eye in one end not
sure what the other end looks like

Thanks for any help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3190.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3191.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3192.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3193.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3194.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This looks like a spiral balance. We can help you replace these, but it will be difficult to say exactly what you need without working with an undamaged version. We need the following information to be able to help. First, is this a tilt or non-tilt window? Second, we need the length of the outer tube, not included the tip, of the balance. We also need the diameter of that outer tube: this should either be 3/8" or 5/8". Finally, we need a picture of the bottom tip of the balance. From there, we'll try and make a recommendation for you. 

A quick learner from USA says:

Hi and thank you for helping me.

yes tilt window

dia is 5/8

look at photo i attached below with tape measure so

you can tell me what length i need its a new photo that you haven't seen before. Also when we took the other balance not broken out of the window it was totally different so we think one broke previously and was replaced possibly so we need 2 the same i think??

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance window photo 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance for window photo 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance for window photo 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance for window photo 4.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. Let's go off the dimensions for the undamaged balance. If it's indeed 5/8" in diameter, than you need a Series 600 Tilt Window Spiral Balance. Now, it's difficult for me to say the length you need from one up-close photo of measuring tape. Are you starting from the base of the outer tube? If so, you measure up to to the round base of the tip. If this measurement ends in a X-1/2" increment, you round up to the next whole number. So if your balance is about 24-1/2" long, you round up to 25", and thus need the S600-25. Double check this measurement to be absolutely certain. 

Finally, you'll need to weigh your window sash. Match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each color tip option. Let us know if you have any other questions.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.