Tilt Sash coil balance / pivot

A quick learner from Edmonton Alberta Canada says:
This balancing pivot has a US patent number of 5353548
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 15-087 and 15-086 coil balance supports and our Series 180 coil spring. I believe this hardware will match yours.
David
Apparently both coils are broken. The attached pictures show:
1 view of both double coil and separated slider
2 view of coils
3 view of slider with piece of broken coil sticking out

I do not know the correct coil weight rating. The vertical slider is approx 24" W x 34" H. Do you need more info?

Do you sell a preloaded assembly (coils inside cases)?
Can a 13 year old PVC/vinyl frame be spread open without cracking? to permit extraction/replacement of the counter balance.?

Edmonton. AB CA
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid I can't determine what Series 180 option you need based on these new pictures. This is usually determined my looking at the stamp printed on the spring itself. What does yours read?

We do not sell these systems complete, but the benefit of having everything separate is that you only need to replace the broken parts. If any piece still works, you can reuse it with the new hardware.

If your jamb track is too brittle to use spreaders, you could consider cutting the frame. See our video on how this can be done.
OK
The stamp on both springs read M01
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I've seen a million of these springs but to be honest, I've never seen that stamp before. That said, based on what you said your sash size was (24" X 34"), I would estimate the best options would be our S180-4 and S180-5 for a 18 pound sash. What do you think?
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.