Tilt Window Pivot lock shoes

A home owner from Pelham says:
I'm looking to replace a number of pivot lock shoes that broke. Can you please help me to identify which one I should buy. The current ones are 2 1/8" high, 1 1/4" wide, ~1/2" deep.

Also, would you recommend also replacing the spiral balance at the same time? They still seem to be ok. Actually, that said, I don't really know how to identify if they are ok or not.

Thanks,
Max
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Unknown-1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Unknown-2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Unknown.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Max. This pivot shoe is very similar to our 15-188 and 15-178. The only difference between them is the thickness, which was also the only dimension you gave us that was an estimate. You will need to get a more precise measurement to confirm which one of these pivot shoes is the right match for your window.

If your spiral balances are still functioning normally then I see no reason why you can't keep using them. The only thing broken on your shoe is the center metal cam, which isn't indicative of failed balances.

A home owner from Pelham says:
Great thank you. I measured it again and it's the one with 17/32 width.

Thanks a lot for your help
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.