Tilt Window Replacement Parts

A home owner from Navarre, Florida says:
Hi, I need your help ordering the correct parts and sizes for our tilt windows. As you can see from the pictures, our windows(all of them) have plastic covers(?) over the spiral balances and are broken in several places because of the sun exposure)and not metal. I'm not sure what sizes to order.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Hm, could you confirm the length and diameter of the outer tube? From your photo it looks like it might be 3/8", but then you have a black tip, and we know of no 3/8" Spiral Balances with black tip. Be precise as possible.  

The plastic outer tube length measures 29". I used a nut and bolt measuring tool so I can get the diameter of the tube. (I'm not sure if it's the right way to do it.) I didn't get a picture of it but when I measured the outer tube in the metric section it measured 12. I also noticed that it had a better fit than the 1/2 inch measurement. The 1/2 inch has some play room still but would not fit in the 7/16" section. I can send more pictures if needed. Thanks you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2101.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2099.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2096.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2098.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

OK, thanks for this. After looking at these pictures we feel the S600-29 5/8" diameter with the black tip is your best option. While your outer tube looks like it might have a smaller diameter than our Series 600, your spiral rod itself is 3/8", which means the outer tube must be bigger than the ones with our Series 900. We don't carry a 1/2" diameter spiral balance, but we think the 5/8" should do the job. Let us know what you think.

Thanks Bob for all your help. I will be placing order soon based on your recommendations.
Profile picture of Bob

Great! Glad I could hep. If you have any other questions just ask. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.