Tilt Window Side Latches

A handy person from Illinois says:
Hello, I am a recent customer. I am having trouble matching your product offering to my specific need. I have attached pictures.

In one picture you see your product Side latch 26-015 below my existing side latch that I am trying to find replacements for. You will notice that while the products are nearly an exact match, your product is slightly larger on the depth measurement. I think you can see this from the photo.

The second photo shows the cross section of the sash where this latch goes in. You will notice that the metal track that holds the top portion of the latch is about 1/16 inch smaller than the bottom track.

So your product is very close, but a little too thick on the depth for the top track. Your product fits correctly in the bottom track in the sash.

What can I do? I need four of these. I have one existing working side latch.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, the 26-015 upper sash slide latch is the only one available now in the window industry. With the advent of vinyl windows, this style is no longer being used. Do you think you can file down the 26-015 latch to fit in your window groove?
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.