Tilt latch

A home owner from New Hampshire says:

Good day, I read all of your other Tilt latch responses and compared measurements on PN 26-243 & 244, and 26-419 & 420.

Don't want to be redundant, but I can't quite tell In your photo dimensions if the retaining clip dimensions will work for mine (as pictured). All other dimensions on the latch assembly look good, but the flat side of the retaining clip on the underbelly is only 1/16 inch from the end of the Latch body. As noted one of the other posts, I also have Patent # 5,139,291 Molded on the underbelly of my latch if that helps.

I'm in a development built in the same timeframe, all with identical windows with many Neighbors with broken latches, and would be glad to share your info to all. Thanks for your help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0D51CA10-3CF8-4964-965E-2A892AE1B517.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Our 26-243 and 26-244 latches are the most popular type in this style; I also don't think the bottom snap-in clip is that critical. It does help snap the latch into its pocket, but when the the sash is up and in place, the the pressure from the window frame track and balances keeps the top tilt latches in place. In my experience, you won't ever notice the difference.

A home owner from New Hampshire says:
Thank you Paul. I'll give it a shot.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.