Tilt latch for Pella Thermastar

A home owner from 49461 says:
Hello,

I have Pella Thermostar windows that were installed in 2006. Miraculously, my tilt latches have lasted this long. Recently, I found one had broken.

I am curious if your parts will fit my windows. I measured the casing of the removed, broken latch and it is 2 3/8" long. All others that I am finding at 2 5/8". Obviously, these won't work.

I was looking at the 26-393, but was hoping to get an expert opinion before making a purchase.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210620_123141276_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210620_123135367_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210620_123119507.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It's tough to say since your latch is damaged. Do you have an undamaged version of this latch that you could remove and show us? 

Thanks so much! 

I don't have one that will come out easily without likely breaking (I tried to remove one from an infrequently used window as a replacement for the broken one).

The best I can do is likely put the pieces back together and snap pictures that way; with just the small chunk missing from the very top of the latch. Would that be helpful?
Profile picture of Emily

Our 26-393 is 2-3/8" long, how do the other dimensions match up? Compare them to yours and see if they match up for what you need.

Dimensions for 26-393
Dimensions for 26-393
The other two measurements are 11/16 and right around 3/8 (closer to 7/16, but I have to imagine it would fit).
Profile picture of Emily

Could you triple check your dimensions for us? If your dimensions match up to ours, you should be good to go. You can view our return policy here, just in case.

Ok. Thank you. Measurements are accurate with what I sent. I'm going to give these a shot and not worry about returning if they do not work. This is the only part I've been able to find that appears that it will fit. If it doesn't work, it is only $5. ?
A home owner from Michigan says:
Could you explain to me the difference between the 26-393 and the 26-393B? I've determined that it is definitely one of these two.
Profile picture of Emily

While the dimensions are similar, the overall design of the 26-393 and 26-393B is different. Take a look at the pictures below and take note of the sides on the latches: 

Dimensions for 26-393
Dimensions for 26-393

Dimensions for 26-393B
Dimensions for 26-393B

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.