Tilt pivot post needed

A quick learner from Virginia and NC says:
I need several replacement "posts" for vinyl double hung tilt sash windows. The pictures show the vertical tilt window pivot shoe and the broken (pot metal) post/tab/cam from several angles. I do not know the manufacturer of the windows. I'd appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you.
Russ
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid it's very difficult to identify a pivot bar without seeing it in its entirety and knowing the hole spacing dimensions. That said, start by looking at our 26-369, 26-400, or 26-412. The best thing to do would be to compare the specifications listed on each of these product's shop pages with an undamaged version of your pivot bar and see which matches closest. Let us know what you think.

A quick learner from Virginia and NC says:
Hi Bob, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am in VA and the window/home is in NC. This was my first encounter with this type of window as a DIY guy. I thought the piece was only about 2 inches in length but I'm learning that the bar must extend into the window sash farther than I considered.

Did the window frame pivot lock shoe look familiar?

I'll review the links you sent.

Thank you,
Russ
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Russ, the length of the pivot bar isn't actually all that important; there's plenty of room for it to extend through the bottom of the sash. The most important features is the size and shape of the tip that interfaces with the pivot shoe, as well as the distance from that tip to any mounting hole that is used. Hence why it is useful to see an undamaged version.

As far as your pivot shoe, there are a few possibilities based on its shape and cam, but unfortunately this is also very difficult to answer confidently without seeing it removed from the window; if you need to replace it as well, the best thing to do would be to remove it from the window the next time you are at the home and take a picture or two. The width and thickness of the shoe is also helpful in matching up a replacement. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.