Tilt window latch

A home owner from Neptune Beach FL says:
Hi:

The attached photo shows a latch for a tilt window. I did not see anything on your website that matches it. Any thoughts on a workable replacement? No problem w/ drilling new holes if necessary. PS This window is probably 20 years old +/-.

Thanks - great website BTW.
A customer submitted image of their top tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks! I'm glad you like our site. Now, as for your hardware, have you seen our 26-269 (26-169)? This looks a lot like the part in your picture. Compare it with one that is undamaged and see what you think.
A home owner from Neptune Beach FL says:
Actually I haven't as I can't seem to find it on the website. Do you have a link to that page?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, sorry about that! That was a typo. I meant to type 26-169, not 26-269. Take a look!
A handy person says:
Hi:

I ordered the latch and it was not a good match. The new latch is too thick for the old screws and it does not line up properly. It looks like I will need to retrofit with a different latch and drill new holes. Any other ideas on a replacement?

Thanks, Jim
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim, good to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear that our 26-169 didn't work. That's too bad, they looked so similar!

If you're willing to drill new holes, you could use a variety of surface-mounted tilt latches such as our 26-193 & 26-194. What do you think of them? They're narrow enough that I think they could fit on your sash. Could you get them to work?
A handy person says:
Tom:

That's what I was thinking. I will give them a try. Thanks for your help.

Jim
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.