Tilt window sash pivot bar

A home owner from Spooner, WI says:
I am looking for this part or a replacement part. Double hung vinyl window installed around 1998.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191102_084408.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191102_084455.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191102_084224.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191102_084246.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191102_084644.jpg
Still waiting for an answer if you could provide one that would be great!!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter. I've been looking all over for a possible match for this pivot bar, but so far I haven't had any luck. The design of this part is very peculiar.

The one detail that we can work with is the style of the tip; that's a "collar" type pivot bar tip that conforms with about a half-million different parts on our site. See our 26-352 and 26-450 for two random examples. This means that we can supply a pivot bar for you that will fit in your pivot shoe, which is important, but whether or not it can fit on the sash is another matter. That's equally as important and it's the wall we've hit in our research.

Could you show me the underside of the sash where this pivot bar installs? That will give me a better idea of what kind of room we're working with. Maybe we can get one of our longer, skinnier pivot bars to fit in the same space.

Can you also tell me the distance between the center of each hole to the front "collared" tip? I know your part is broken so it's hard to keep together, but please try your best to get me those two measurements as accurately as you can. Knowing that will allow us to hopefully avoid making you drill new holes.

Does this help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191107_125256.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191107_125317.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191107_125417.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191107_130039.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191107_130044.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These are a huge help, thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to see.

It looks like your front hole center is about 1-1/8" from the tip, while the back hole center is between 1-5/8" and 1-3/4", probably around 1-11/16". The problem is, we don't have a pivot bar with a hole that matches either of those.

I sort of expected that to be the case. The design of your pivot bar is too different. I'm glad we have confirmation, though. The good news is that this doesn't fit into a shaped cavity, like I expected, but just goes flat on the underside of the sash. What this means is that you could theroetically use one of our pivot bars, if you're willing to drill a new installation hole.

Look at our 26-226 and 26-352 to start. Look over our dimensions, especially the hole placement, and let me know if you think you'd be able to drill a new hole for these to install under your window. You'll have to make sure that the tip is in the same position as the old tip, so it will be a little awkward, but I think there's a good chance this will work.

When drilling into a sash, please make sure that you don't drill too deep; you don't want to accidentally hit the glass.

Let me know your thoughts.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.