Tilt window, single sash, spiral balance rods for 40 year old Acorn window.

A handy person from Littleton, Colorado says:

The rods look like they have a red tip...I weighed the window and it?s 16 pounds, so red tip makes sense...see pic three below.

The shoes look good. - not too worn - picture two below - slides up and down easily...looks like when you pull the spiral down you need to attach it on the left or right of the shoe - does that make sense?

And the first picture is of two little plastic pieces that popped off when I took the rods out...do you know where they should go when I install the new ones?

About how long will it take to get two new rods and a charging tool?

Love your videos - that?s how I found you.

Thanks!

Dave

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7AE027DD-4466-4095-AA97-6C19C28C6BBF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B438E188-9787-44CB-AD62-8DB4E6D44F69.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3E625D10-43CC-4669-B69F-10818236D1AF.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the compliments, Dave. Let's start off with your pivot shoe, and go from there. Our 15-015 pivot shoe looks like a good match. For your balance, either our Series 600 or Series 900 may work, depending on the tube diameter of your balance. As for the last part(s), may I ask what that part is and its function? Please get back to us with that information. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.