Tilt windows

A home owner from Marietta GA says:
Some ropes broken. Shoe is stuck at bottom does not slide up and down track

Are there different sizes or are parts standard?
I definitely need 4 or so of these.
tilt window
The problem with most of my windows is that the pivot lock shoe is frozen in place so the window either will not go up and down or will not stay up. Tried to remove a pivot lock shoe but I do not have the wider opening in the housing to slip it out.

tilt shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for all your photos. Your tilt bar shows similarities to our 26-402. I would compare dimensions to make sure our part is compatible to yours. The pivot shoe that is stuck could possibly use our 15-216 as a substitute. As for your balance channel, it appears it may have a part close to our 15-224 balance to connect to the pivot shoe. Take a look how the balance attaches at the top of the window. Is it screwed on or hooked on at the top? Also see if the track has a cut out to remove the bottom pivot shoe. I placed some additional media guides on the right hand side of this page that may help. If you should need any further help, I encourage you to take some additional photos and upload them to us to have a look at.
A quick learner says:
You guys are miracle workers! I spent a short time today and I have several windows working just like new
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.