Tilting window adjusters

A quick learner from USA says:
I am interested in finding a window adjuster for tilting windows. They have effective locks but there is no way to control the opening. Do you know of anything that might work in this situation?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a close look at your window tracking. Do you have a four-bar hinge set up like our 36-023HD? If you do, see if you have that brass shoe with an adjustment screw; that could add some "drag" to the operation of the window. We also have the 39-398 sash stop device which will only allow to open a few inches. (I see you are using chain to as a limit device).
A quick learner from Chicago says:
Is there a means of locking window in any position? Childproofing with more elegant solution is also desirable.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look on the video for the 39-398 below and see if you could install this stop device into your window track.
You would have to check with your local safety inspector for child safety on window openings. Depending on how and where you install this device you should be able to set the opening of the window to meet code.
A home owner from Chicago says:
OK, maybe I'm not a quick learner!

I have the windows as described. Other that the chains, the windows in my apartment and 300 other apartments have no adjustment or control. So, closed and locked or open to end of chain. To the best of my knowledge there are no other controls or limits.

What I am looking for is an easy way to set the window in any degree of "locked, open". So if I wanted the living room to be open
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The hardware Dave has suggested does just what you describe. I'm not sure what else we have that could work in this capacity.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)