Tips removing pile weather stripping from window side

A home owner from Florida says:
Hello. I will be replacing the pile weather stripping on windows. I'm confident I have the right pile (58-127) for my Nuair single hung windows . It's fairly simple to remove the old pile from the sash side, but I'm not sure how to do it for the pile that's installed on the window frame side. There doesn't seem to be much space to slide it out the same way your would for the sash, and I'm hesitant to cut it out if I'm unable to get the new pile in. Thankfully, the pile on the window frame side isn't as worn as the pile on the sash, but if you have any advice on how to remove and replace it, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_frame.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_nuair.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_pile_groove.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_pile_groove_2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. If there isn't a notch to remove the pile, you'll need to make one. The video below will detail exactly how to do so. Let us know if you have any questions! 

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.