Top Sash Guide

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Do I need a top sash guide for this window? I can't tell... Please help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6585.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This isn't a top sash guide I'm familiar with, unfortunately. Would it be possible to see a picture of an undamaged version out of the window?

Here is the largest window at 20 lbs. Each side is different, both are undamaged, so I am not sure which is correct. As FYI I am looking at new channel balances for all windows, spare top sash guides to keep around just in case, and retainer clips. These windows need all the working parts replaced.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9037.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9038.jpeg
Here are the 10 lb windows...
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9034.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9035.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Considering the 10 pound sash has the same top sash guides on both sides, I can reasonably assume that this style is what you need on both sides of the 20 pound sash. That means we can ignore the style you show in your first picture. It must have been an emergency-repair someone made at some point in the past.

With that in mind, consider our 18-008H. I believe this can work for you as a replacement, but review the pictures and dimensions we show on its store page to confirm.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.