Top Sash Guide

A handy person from Alta Loma CA says:
I need 4 new top sash guides, 4 balancer clips and one 2740 balancer.
The top flat plastic part is 3/4" wide, overall height is 1 5/16, and the lower portion of the guide is about 1/2". Window is 20 years old and made by Pacific Window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top sash guide.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

For the Top Sash Guide, you may need either our 18-108 or 18-196. Compare both with your old guide to see if either matches up. For the balances, I am afraid that stamp code doesn't tell us its identity, just its spring strength. Please remove the balance from the window and show us the nylon fittings on either end. See the video below for details. 

A handy person from Alta Loma CA says:
I removed the top sash guide to get a better measurement and found pat of the top of the guide was broken off. Fortunately, one of the other windows still had a sash guide that was in pretty good condition. I have attached photos here. From my measurements the top of the sash guide is 3/4 inch wide, the overall length is 1 7/16 inch and the bottom of the sash guide is 1/2 inch. The center of mounting screw hole is 1/4 inch under the the underside of the top plate. The 18-108 was way too big for the window channel. Can I send these back for credit towards new sash guides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2683(2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2684(1).jpg
A home owner from Alta Loma CA says:
I was looking at the 18-036 which looks to have the same dimensions as the one on my Pacific Window. The only problem is the mounting hole is in the lower half of the guide and my mounting hole is in the upper part. Is there a guide like the 18-036 with the mounting screw in the upper area?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear the 18-108 didn't work for you. Yes, view our Return Policy here. As far as the correct Top Sash Guide, if the dimensions are exactly right, then yes, we think the 18-036 is the closest match we have. You would have to drill a hole in the top portion to get it to work for your window. Let me know what you think. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.