Top Sash Guide Help

A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
Attached are two photos of top sash guides from my windows. Can you determine the proper replacement, or do you need additional measurements?

Thanks.
Craig
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B1DF0A00-8C41-4FC3-8D82-6FA055E5EA04.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C66D78FE-220C-4931-9844-F2E3F1086167.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks like the old Milgard top sash guide. This isn't made anymore but you may be able to use our 18-009 as a replacement. The catch is that you'd need to trim the top edge down to be flush with the rest of the guide.

Review the dimensions below to verify that everything else lines up. If so then I think this is the part you want.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
I guess I should have followed your recommendation. You recommended a trimmed 18-009 Top Sash Guide as a replacement, but my measurements indicated that a 18-188 Guide was a better fit. I ordered 20 of them and was incorrect. Fortunately I also ordered 2 18-009's so I was able to confirm you were correct.

Question - I will put in an order for 20 18-009s, but can i return the 18-188 Guides for credit?

thanks.
craig
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes! You may return the top sash guides you purchased for a refund. See our return policy here to get started.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.