Top double hung latch

A quick learner from Bay City, MI says:
The top latch on the double hung window has broken off the tab ( clip) that holds the latch in.The latches are 3 1/2 inches long and tab to tab is about 2 3/8 inches apart. When the latch is apart the tabs are about 1/2 inches long.It has the name CertainTeed on it and MP6 on the inside.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220911_085211.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220911_085318.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220911_085624.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220911_085740.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220911_085749.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This latch assembly looks very similar to our 26-317. I think this may be just the part you want, but look it over and let me know if you agree.

A quick learner from Bay City, MI says:
Do the thumb tabs on top come off ? I think they would stick up to high.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The thumb tabs on the 26-317 assembly do come off, yes. I cannot say if they will stick up too high for you, though. It would probably be the same as what you have now.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.