Top guide pieces

A handy person from Oshkosh says:

Hello there. We want to replace the top guide parts on our windows, but can't seem to remove the window to get to them. We watched your video, but our window doesn't come out so easily, once the spring balance is held in place by the clip in the window track.

We think the top guide piece is the seasonall, but are not sure. Our window latches are Nuprime.

Thanks for any help.

William and Julia
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You definitely need a top sash guide, but I can't tell what you need from this picture. The only way to know for sure is to remove yours and compare your style and dimensions to all those we show here.

As for why you're having trouble removing your window to begin with, I'm not sure why. Once the channel balance catches on the take out clip I see in your first picture, the sash should just come out. What problem are you running into specifically?
A handy person from Oshkosh, wi says:
Hey there.

The reason I couldn't get the window out is because I was only popping one take out clip.

Can you tell from the pictures if I have the Seasonall top sash guides?

These are on aluminum windows with nuprime latches, if that helps.

I will be an order once I hear back from you guys.

Thanks for your help.

William
Top sash guide
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you have the Season All Nuprime Window. The broken top sash guide is our 18-110B.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.