Top rollers for old [or copy of] Peachtree patio doors

A home owner from Floida says:

Greetings... moved into place built in 1987.

Patio doors were in horrible shape, but I was able to locate bottom roller assemblies. Three patio doors now open very nicely BUT rubbing at top really obvious now.

Out of the three doors, I only have one [out of 6 original horizontal top rollers], which appears to be very similar to Peachtree, except for top wheel diameter. Note that I only have one actual assembly, I found pieces of the other five when disassembling the doors for bottom wheel replacement... lots of UV damage in South Florida.

The top slot/track inside width is 1 13/64ths inch - because of wear, lets say a bit less, 1 3/16". Existing horizontal wheel shows wear, but by extrapolation, wheel was originally about 1 5/32"

Bottom line, SKU 84-082 wheel is too big. Is there anything else available?

If not, my options seem to be:

1. buy 6-7 new 84-082 units, hope for the best and pry off wheels, and turn them down to desired diameter
  2. Use the wool weatherstrip on outside side of upper track - main downside to that is the increased drag when opening/closing the doors, something that I spent a lot of time eliminating with new bottom rollers...

Please advise...

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I've never seen a smaller version of the 84-082. Are you sure this is what you have? Peachtree isn't around anymore but when they still made parts they tended to be pretty specific. I don't know if they ever made the same roller with such a subtle difference. can you show me a picture?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.