Top sash guide

A quick learner from California says:
Looking to replace the existing top sash guides on several windows where this part is broken. The photos show one that is not broken. Also, I noticed that there are no screws holding the guide in place, just a tab that was molded from the window frame itself. Can you suggest an effective technique to replace the guide? My assumption is that the tab will need to be pried back and then used again to hold the new guide in place.
Don't know if it matters, but the channel balance that is used is S385 of various lengths.
Thanks,
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience with us, Tom. We'd like for you to take a look at our 18-008 top sash guide. See if our part measures up with yours. These typically usually snap in place when they are installed. If it happens to not be that easy, you may need to take the frame apart which may not be the best strategy because of the glazing and glass that can lead to some difficulty getting everything back together nicely. 

We placed some media guides on this page for you to review. Look them over to see if they can provide some additional help to you.

A quick learner from California says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply. Shortly after leaving my original message, I ordered 25ea of 18-008?the part that you suggest. I have received them but haven?t yet had the opportunity to try to replace any yet, as the windows are in a rental and I was hoping to have a good strategy beforehand. I hope they will, in fact, snap in because anything short of that won?t really be feasible as you noted. I will look over the material that you sent.
Tom
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.