Top sash guide

A home owner from Florida says:
Hi. I need top sash guides for my mark 40/50 hp windows, also h-lc35-53x96 is indicated. which top sash guide do I need? Also, I look at your instructional video and it looks like my balance rods did not rise to the top as shown in your clip. How do I proceed in that case?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Ok first things first. Send us a couple photos of the top sash guide removed from the window, with measurements. As for the balances, are you trying to remove them? 

I'd need to remove the window to get at a whole top sash guide (the ones I want to replace are shattered bits of plastic). Can you share a link with me on how to remove the window?

I don't necessarily want to replace the balance rods but if they don't rise to the top when the guide breaks does it mean they need to be replaced?

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It doesn't matter if the balances rise up after the top sash guide breaks. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. All that means is that your top sash guides don't have enough broken off to let the balance sneak past it. Something is still holding them down. They probably don't need to be replaced.

As for removing the sash, see the video at the end of this post. This outlines the proper method of removing the sash for this kind of window.

When you show us a picture of your top sash guide, please make sure it's one that isn't damaged. We won't be able to ID what you have from a broken guide. We will need a photo showing the front and then another photo showing the side. Think of it like a mug shot. With that information, we'll do our best to find a good match.

Hi, here are 3 photos of the sash guide I need to replace and also a photo of the bottom latch which I also need a couple of.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. The top sash guide looks similar to our 18-166. I would just go over our dimensions to be 100% sure. 

As for the latch, it's harder to say. These aren't made that much anymore. The only types we carry at this time can be found on this page. Look over what we have and see what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.