Pan Am Top sash guide

A home owner from Kissimmee, FL says:
Hello,

I was able to use your guides to identify the new clips and balances I needed but when I was installing them I realized I need to replace the top sash guides too. I'm having trouble identifying the correct part. I attached a picture of my recent order if that helps identify a corresponding top sash guide. Also it looks like there is a "T" shaped notch towards the bottom of the window on the right and left sides. One side has a plastic piece and the other side does not. I would like to know if/what I need to do with those.

Thank You,
Taylor
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2291FE23-A234-4DD4-A4CE-194B5F532FCA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 27480E43-579E-46E9-9D08-B66D8E257CE4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF148F28-91E1-4FAC-A2B8-855144EE3962.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BCA07B89-55CD-43FC-92C4-148367F1FCEE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Taylor! Since one of the parts you ordered was the Pan Am 16-023 take out clip, there's a good chance you need our 18-042 top sash guide pair. These also resemble what's left of the original, but you may want to look over an undamaged version just for peace of mind.

As for that "T" shaped notch, I'm not sure what that could be. What function does that serve, exactly?

A home owner from Kissimmee, FL says:
I've checked another window and it doesn't look like it interacts with anything other than possibly the bottom of the balance?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

That looks to be a slot for a face guide to me. I'm afraid that the Pan Am face guide isn't available anymore. We suggest the 67-002 screw on face guide, which can work in many applications. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.