Top sash guide for viking window

Handy Person from West Linn, Oregon
Jun 22, 2021 7:56 pm
Hi. I need help identifying the proper guide for my 1985 Viking aluminum non-tilt window. I could not seem to be able to find a good match for my part in the catalog online. Thanks. Paul
IMG_3392 IMG_3391 IMG_3394 IMG_3393 Scan2021-06-22_165353
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 24, 2021 2:25 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Could you remove your top sash guide from your window and show us? That'll help us narrow down your options.

Thank you so much! 

Aug 11, 2022 4:25 pm
Dear SWISCO help
I am picking up where I left off last summer on this repair. I have remove the in good condition plastic sash guide from the frame. Hopefully this will help you in finding the correct replacement part. See attached photos.

Thanks
Paul
IMG_4814 IMG_4813 IMG_4809 IMG_4812 IMG_4807
5 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 12, 2022 8:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us, Paul. This reminds me of our 18-009 top sash guide. Review our dimensions and compare them with yours to see if this matches up. 

Aug 12, 2022 1:04 pm
Emily,
Thanks for your quick response. The part you recommend looks like a match for my sash. The dimensions are very close to my measurements.
I'm going to order a couple of these. One to keep as a spare.

Thanks again
Best regards
Paul
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 12, 2022 1:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

My pleasure, Paul. Good luck with your repair and we'll be here if you need anything else!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts