Top sash guides 18-166 and Series 390 balances

A quick learner from Killeen, TX says:
I have tried numerous times to add this to th discussion,77-58520 but it keeps telling me
"an error occured with your submission"

I am on my second repair job using the parts I have purchased from you and I noticed a big difference in my top sash guides and the ones I purchased from you. I was not expecting them to be exact and they will work, but I was hoping we could get a little bit closer to the originals. I purchased your #18-166 guides and 390 channel balances. My concern is where the sash guide makes contact with the balance. My originals had a much larger "hold" than the new ones(see pics). I would greatly appreciate if you could possibly see if you have something a little bit closer to my originals as the new ones barely make contact.
Thank You so much for your help! You guys are great and I appreciate your great customer service!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is a little weird. Can you give me more specific measurements? Look at our 18-166 for reference. I would like each measurement for your top sash guide as we show for the 18-166. Thanks!
A quick learner from Killeen,Texas says:
Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here is a pic of the measurements of my original Sash Guides. Sorry for the crude drawing but I am not much of an artist. I measured this with a cheap Harbor Freight micrometer and many of the measurements came out to 64ths so I converted them to the nearest 1/8th as these are well over 30 years old. The guide on the far left is one of you 18-166s and the one next to it is one of my originals.

Thanks again for all your help and great customer service!
User submitted a photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have been unable to find this exact top sash guide, but our 18-064 may be a possible match. What do you think? This is used in many Jordan windows.
A landlord from Missouri says:
Hello, I have the same top sash guide with the same measurements as the person who posted this thread in 2016, wondering if you all have come up with any better matches since then.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220823_210732152.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we have been unable to find a better option for this top sash guide. If the 18-064 doesn't look like it will work for you, some other options are our 18-009 and 18-044.

However, none of these are a guarantee. I am personally not very optimistic that these will be good repair options for your window, but we have nothing better. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.