Traco Double Hung Windows

A quick learner from White Oak Pennsylvania says:
I have two Traco double hung windows that do not stay up. The balance is broken. Its a coil that sprung out and now I have to use a rod to keep the two windos open. How can I purchase new balances that will fit my window. These window are about 10 - 15 years old. Great windows I just need to replace the slider in the window to keep it up. I can see the coil has come out. Please let me know what I can purchase to fix this. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would be happy to help you replace the balance for this window, but we'll need a bit more information. To start out, can I see a few pictures of the pivot shoe in your window? Seeing that will help us determine what kind of balance you have. Can you also tell me what numbers are printed on the coil springs themselves?
A quick learner from White Oak PA says:
The number on the pice is 5353584 and I am attaching a pic of what it looks like. Thanks for all your help. Chris
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks, Chris. This shoe appears similar to our 15-087. Do you agree? If so, you should also check out our Series 180 coil spring. Let me know what you think.

Also is the number you gave me printed on the coil springs or the coil shoe? To know specifically what type of Series 180 you have, I'll need the number on the spring.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the reply. When the windows were under warranty, I had those replaced and they replaced the whole thing that already had the coil in them. Do you sell them that way? I dont see a number on the spring. They are TRACO windows. Please let me know what you can come up with. Thanks! Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Chris. We sell this system with the various components separately. It's possible you don't even need to replace the plastic housing, but you should look yours over just in case.

If you can't find a number on the spring, please tell me the weight of your window sash instead. I would also like to know how many coils you have per side. It looks like four, but I can't be sure.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.