Traco casement window latch lock

A home owner from USA says:
Hi, looking for info and part to replace a latch lock. The handle to open is fine,but when I lifted the latch to unlock window,the latch came right out of the part. Window remains locked,latch is broke. What part do I need to fix since I can't see inside? These pics are from left side,broken latch is on right side but identical set up Thank you,Carol
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have a genuine Truth lock like our 38-091 and 38-092. You could also consider our generic 38-058L and 38-058R. Take a look and see what you think.

As for unlocking the window, try pushing the handle back into the lock body and see if you can turn it that way. If not, I recommend contacting a local professional as it is not otherwise a simple project. You will need to drill or cut off the lock body to access the mechanism to unlock the window.
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.