Traco single hung window (impact glass) channel balances.

A quick learner from Pompano Beach, Fl says:
I have two sizes (52 and 36 inches wide) of the above described Traco windows. Both sizes have 18 inch long channel balances with identical top and bottom nylon attachments. The large 52 inch weighs in at 28.7 Lbs while the 36 inch weighs in at 20.4 Lbs. The codes imprinted of the balances are 17DS 29 (52 inch) and 1790 20 (36 inch). In addition the codes seem to have smaller imprints punched in perpendicular to and between the the parts of the above codes. These seem to be 3.S.1. RH for the larger and 3.S.1 RF for the smaller ones. The common top nylon attachment is similar to but slightly larger than the 19-018 that the website says is associated with PanAm windows. The bottom nylon attachment seems identical to Winged Channel Balance Shoe 15-005. My request is for help with the top nylon attachment and confirmation of the other information.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you need two 18" long channel balances, though each has a pretty specific stamp. Can you confirm the exact weight of the sash in each case? That will allow us to determine how these springs need to be calibrated.

You also said that the 19-018 is similar but a different size. Can you tell me exactly what size yours needs to be? Can you also show me a picture of it?

A quick learner from Pompano Beach, Fl says:
Please see pictures below. The nylon tip on the top is shown relative to the measuring tape to confirm its size. Thank you for time and efforts on my behalf.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pictures for window balances2.eml.jpg
A quick learner from Pompano Beach says:
Please refer to my prior communication.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3871E38A-034F-4124-8A6E-BCB28B973A2C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 05B0B9A7-3D5C-4FB7-A779-FCCE535E280C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 395E1D11-76BC-4EB7-BAAF-6D1E0132C636.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E7F11B5E-F41B-4A95-BDD6-4297C1DBE55B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8A89CED1-BF2B-4E6A-A9E3-CE05173C49E0.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! That top fitting looks like our 19-041. That means your balances will need to be custom made, since the 19-041 doesn't come on any stock Series.

I still need to know the weight of each sash supported by these two balance types. Please be as precise as possible, down to the ounce. I will also need to know how many you need.

A quick learner from Pompano Beach says:
The large 52 inch weighs in at 28.7 Lbs while the 36 inch weighs in at 20.4 Lbs.

At present I will need one pair of the larger (52 inch wide sash 28.7 Lbs) channel balances. Upon inspection the smaller ones seem okay for now.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! Please give me a little time to confirm the availability of this 17DS 29 balance and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, we're all set on our end. I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 2 balances according to these specifications. Please let me know if you had any other questions!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.