Traco window balances

A quick learner from Ottowa Hills says:
I have 2 apartment buildings with TRACO replacement windows that are probably about 15 years old (I am a new owner. The spiral balance in EVERY double hung window has failed in the lower sashes and some in the upper sashes. My question to you is: Does this seem right? Should I be ordering stronger window balances or replace them with what I remove? Also, some windows that are the same size DO NOT have the same size spiral balance? I have a kitchen window with a 17 BlUE 600 series and another one - same size that has a 19 Blue 600 series. Please advise? THANK YOU
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We have known Traco to use spiral balances, like our Series 600, in their windows. There's a chance you may just need to adjust them with a charging tool, like our 75-006. We included some helpful media guides on this page that shows how to charge the balance. 

In regards to different lengths in the same window, the top and bottom sash are different. Usually the top sash balance is 2" less than the bottom sash. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.