Traco window will not stay open

A quick learner from Baden, PA says:
I just sold my house and per the agreement have to fix a window that will not stay open. I am 95% sure it is a traco window, double hung tilt in.

I was told that traco is no longer in business so i cannot get a factory replacement part. I assume it is the springs that are bad but thats a guess. I attached some pics of the mechanism with the window tilted in and i am looking for info on how to determine a replacement part.
Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

From the pics I attached, does this look like a part that you can provide?

I dont know much about windows but can try to take the mechanism apart to send additional pics, but it does not look like there is a slot to remove the mechanism so i assume i will have to cut to remove it?

Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm pretty sure we can help, yes. If the problem is that the window won't stay open, then it's a good bet that the springs are the problem. Based on the pivot shoe and other hardware I see in your picture, I would recommend our Series 180 coil spring. You will need the number off the old spring to confirm the best Series 180 option. See the video below to see how we remove this kind of balance. Your setup is a little different, but the principle is similar. The biggest difference is that your springs are hooked onto a bracket near the top of the track instead of the shoe itself. Refer to the following diagram.
Detail of 15-086
Detail of 15-086
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.