Triple Track Storm

A home owner from Bayville,NJ 08721 says:

Hello,

Can you help identify the stops on these storm windows and if you stock them? And, if you could help me with how to take them apart. I have looked at your videos but the ones I have can not be separated by using a block of wood. The corners crack.I am thinking I need to drill out the recess but then how are the corners kept in and the window held together? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Rick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191028_140034.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191028_140108.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191028_140118.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191028_140219.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I couldn't find a storm latch exactly like yours. I recommend watching the videos below that show how to remove this kind of latch and corner from a storm sash like yours. Once you have them removed, I recommend looking at our 91-006, 91-010 and 91-011, and our 91-026 and 91-026. Carefully compare our dimensions to yours to see if any of these pairs match up.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.