Triple track storm window repair.

A handy person from USA says:
Hello, My mother has 50 year old Season-All triple track aluminum storm windows and screens. Several of the corner keys, latches and tilt keys are broken. They have been repaired several times over the years by various repairmen and are a variety of vinyl and metal replacement parts.I would like to replace these with metal parts since the vinyl/plastic ones have broken. The inside of the frame track or groove where the keys are fitted measure 3/8" X 3/16". I need some help choosing these parts. I think they must be press fit corners. I also need some advice on how to get the broken old pieces out. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure exactly what you need, unfortunately. If you don't have any of the original hardware used to construct the screen then I am not sure what to recommend. All of our parts are made to replace very specific hardware, especially for screen and storm panels. Do you have an identical screen in the house that still uses its original hardware? 

You can also browse through our selection here. If you have no originals to go by then the best we can do is guess, and our guesses will be based entirely on dimensions. You can look through here to see if you can find something that will work or, at the very least, to get a good idea of what kind of dimensions we need to make our guess a little easier.

A handy person from USA says:
Hey Tom,
The orginal hardware must have been the vinyl which is breaking. These are Seasonall brand triple track windows from the Philadelphia area. I'm looking at your Seasonall slide bolt set. They are written up for storm windows but would they be also for the screens? The corner keys and tilt keys I'm still not sure about. Attached are two photos of my screen frames. The internal track where the keys are in measure 3/8" x 3/16". Any easy way to get the broken pieces out?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Seasonall screen tilt key.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Seasonall screen mitred corner track.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The best way to remove that corner key would be to drill out the pin/stamp marks on the screen frame. That should free up the broken corner. However, I'm not sure if we can then supply you with a corner to fit. Take a look at the 95-026 and 95-027. See if these might fit your frame.

A home owner from Tennessee says:
I have recently noticed that in 2 of our windows (they are 3 track storm windows) the middle frame is completely missing. They have the screen intact, then missing window, then interior window on the last track. There is no glass, frame, or any parts. How do I even start to replace that? How do I know what to purchase and how do I get to the middle track?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

My recommendation is to contact a local glass shop that still makes replacement screens or storms. Storm windows are a dying breed and in all likelihood you will need to have new frames custom made from scratch to the specifications of your window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.