Trouble installing 39-315 key lock

A home owner from Minnesota says:
I am trying to install a key lock 82-315 to my patio door. I can get it back together but it won't work. Question does the key lock spindle that comes through the hole to the inside have the inside manual spindle above or below the key lock spindle.

Also my patio door is 20 years old. Maybe I have the wrong key lock as it is not centered in the hole.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. In answer to your question, the tail on the internal thumb lever goes into the same mortise slot as the tail on the 82-315 key lock. They should be in the same position. Do you have your old handle still available? If we can see that, maybe we can come up with a solution for you.

This is just put together but it doesn't work.
Profile picture of Tom

This looks like a standard 82-035 handle and 82-218 mortise. Looking at the hardware you have here, there's no reason why the 82-315 shouldn't have worked. Everything here is fully compatible. I'll need more detail on exactly where you're running into issues.

I am wondering if the lock in the side of the door is wrong.
Profile picture of Tom

That's the mortise lock, which matches our 82-218; the 82-218 and 82-315 that you purchased are 100% compatible. It's one of the most common combinations out there, in fact. There must be something else that has gone wrong, but I don't know what it is based on the given information.

If I am going to buy a whole new handles and lock what one would that be? Please give me a model number for a white set.
Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

Your old handle set resembles our 82-035, which is designed to be used with the 82-315. This is the hardware you need, without a doubt. I'm just not sure why it won't work for you.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.