Trouble opening ATERM windows

A handy person from Nashua, NH says:

My home has ATERM sliding windows. All but 2 slide open from left to right when unlocked in the lower right. However, 2 windows do not slide open. Each of these windows seems to be held up from sliding from the bottom right corner as if the window were locked. I have unscrewed and removed the locking retainer in the bottom slide but the window still seems held up by something preventing it from sliding. Do you have any suggestions or tips how to get the sliding window to slide open?

Very best regards,

- Kevin -

ATERM window part
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have the old and discontinued Acorn 2500 Series Thermal sliding window. The photo shows the 90-140 keeper, and the lock is 90-139. Their drawing doesn't show any other security-type lock. One possibility is that the 87-061 roller assembly's wheels might be frozen.
A handy person from Connecticut says:
Looking for the age on ATHERM sliding windows. Mine have a couple of issues and I'm wondering the age of them to see if I can fix them. A general year they were made would work or timeline where they made similar models. They are metal sliding windows the lock says 'ATHERM'. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You are referring to the sliding lock bolt used by Acorn for their Series 2500. Unfortunately, the company closed just before the turn of the century. There are just a few parts that remain in our inventory, such as the 87-061 roller assembly, 90-139 lock bolt and 90-140 keeper.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.