Trouble removing sashes on my window

A home owner from Pittsburgh says:

I have older double pane windows, non tilt sashes. No problem identifying the channel balances. The problem I have is removing and bigger problem of installing the sash. 

The left side of the sash is inside aluminum channel and the window has part that fits into the channel. Once the right side is released, the sash can be moved/swung to the left - kind of hinge mechanism, and then pulled out. But can't be put back without removing some stuff. I will need 10 to 14 balances plus additional parts, but if I cant put the sash back it would be wasted money. Do you know of any instructions for this type of window? 

The balance has marking BSI 2830. It is 29 inches long. Will have to get several complete balances. On several balances I need the top and bottom plastic pieces. I also need bunch of the retaining clips that are screwed inside the aluminum channel which also houses the balance. I enclosed several pictures.

The windows are made out of aluminum. Made by G&S Metal Products, Inc. Never heard of them. The right balance might not be hard to replace but the left one will be very difficult. Once the sash is moved up to the retaining clips, it can be pulled from the right side and it swings on a hinge to the left. See the picture. So far I found it impossible to put it back with the left balance. 

Peter.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200303_160128919.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200304_091906532.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200304_173804109.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200304_173819683.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200304_091844160.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello Peter. I am afraid we do not recognize this style of window, but we can still help. Starting with your top sash guide, have a look at our 18-032. Review our measurements and see if you think this can replace your current one. Our Series 390 balance is mostly used with this guide. The Series 390 comes assembled with a 19-002 balance top and 15-001 bottom balance shoe. We'd like for you to compare the nylon fittings off of your balance with ours to confirm whether or not this is a match. If so, then you should be good to go with the S390-29 balance, 2830 option. One last thing we'd like for you to do is to see a photo of the screw on retainer clip, as well as, a photo showing the full view of both window tracks. Thank you. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.