Trouble with 82-238

A home owner from Kentucky says:
I ordered the 82-238 to replace my broken mortise lock along with what I think is an 82-080 handle but they don't seem to fit together. What I think was the 82-080 came with a striker and a different double hook lock. Should I re-order the 82-080 that doesn't have the double hook lock?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I will do my best to help, though I admit that I'm a little confused about what your issue is. The 82-080 doesn't come with either a strike or a hook lock of any type. Are you sure that's what you bought? 

According to your purchase history, you bought our 82-238 mortise and 89-030 keeper. I don't see any orders related to the 82-080. Besides that, the 82-238 and 89-030 are specifically made to work with the 82-080 handle set alone. Assuming that you purchased all three of these parts then there's no reason they shouldn't have worked. They are designed to be exclusively compatible.

Would it be possible to see a photo of the hardware you bought, as well as the hardware that was original to the door? That would give me a better idea of what you're working with and what the issue may be.

A home owner from Kentucky says:
Thanks for the reply. After double checking it looks very similar to the 82-080 but in fact is from somewhere else. I will order the 82-080 and hopefully it will work. Thank you again!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.