Truth Casement Window Locks

A home owner from Oakland says:
I would like to replace the many Truth Low Profile Sash Locks (Product Code: 38-075) around my home with an alternative sash lock like the Product Code: 38-098. The handle on the 38-075 interferes with blinds on some windows and I like the lower profile handle on the 38-098 much better. Does an exact replacement exist? If not but if I were to cut the window molding to accommodate, will the slightly taller 38-098 unit, work in place of the 38-075?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. To be honest, this is a really good question that we've never been asked before. This may indeed be possible, but I'm going to run this discussion by one of my senior colleagues who specializes in casement window hardware. We'll get back to you as soon as we can with more information. Many thanks.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can help! I checked with one of our customer reps who used to manufacture wood casement windows. He said you could have a problem with the different setback and body height. It looks like the difference could interfere with your window screen. So, you will need to cut the wood stop to accommodate the longer 38-098. Also note that both of these locks take a different sash keepers. Also take note the difference in the lock lever handles is only 1/4" difference. Not sure if it is worth the work installing the different lock just to get 1/4" difference. Could you pack out the blinds to get it away from the locks? That honestly may be the better course of action. 

How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.