Truth casement window operator (05212002 0621 stamped on old part)

A home owner from Webster, NY says:
I ordered (order #1279692) two replacement operators (39-171 and 39-172) to fix my casement window. I installed them today and the window will no close all of the way. The link arm is 1/2" to long on the new part and the offset is not as drastic. (in the photo, the replacement part is in my left hand and the original part is in my right hand) Do you have any operators that have a 4 1/2" pivot arm? If not, do I need to move the bracket on the window that the pivot arm attaches to?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Hm, this isn't an uncommon issue. You have two options: 

-Yes, you can adjust the position of the bracket to which the arm attaches. In other words, you could theoretically move it over on the sash to make up the difference in size. This will require drilling new holes for it to screw into.

-You could swap the link arms out. This is done by drilling out the link arms on both operators, then installing the old arm on the new operator hammering on our 62-014 rivet over a metal plate.

Let me know what you think of these potential solutions, or if you have any questions.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.