Truth handle replacement

A home owner from USA says:
Can you help with this part ??? Thank you,
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I recommend that you look at our 38-205, I think this may be a possible match. Check it out and see if this can work for your window.
A quick learner from Willingboro says:
The One You recommend is the one I ordered last time. There is no way for me to fasten it at my window. What are the suggestions now??
Oh, I see. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you sooner. You were the person who had this window, correct?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
I'm sorry to hear that the 38-205 didn't work for you. We actually used to carry the older version but it is no longer available. It's never been a problem since the only variation between that and our 38-205 is that it sits up just a tiny bit higher due to a certain bracket, though I've always found it to be a negligible difference. Is that difference preventing you from installing it? As for how it fastens to the window, you just push it in and it will clip into place.

If the fact that it sits up a little higher is the cause of your problem, maybe try filing down the slot a little to provide you with more room.
Hi there. Well the one you recommended and I ordered has this grey plate which needs two screws whereas the old on was secured with one screw right thru the broken round golden thing. I would not know to what to secure the bracket with the 2 screws to.
Yes, that plate is what causes our 38-205 to sit a little higher. Is there space for you to drill new holes for it?
I did it. Took me just a bit longer to figure it out. I actually flattened that plate to guide it thru the slit where the handle is, bend it back into its old shape and fastened it to the inside of the window with 2 screws. It works great now. Thank you for your support
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.