Trying to find Sliding door rollers for unknown brand door

A home owner from USA says:
I hope you can help me.

I saw your ‘how to’ on replacing a sliding glass door roller. I think that is my problem. Here is my next problem:

I don’t know what kind of a door I have. The only markings I can find are on the glass itself. That looks like a ‘HGP’ logo. My guess is that is the glass itself.

We bought this house five months ago. It is about 10 years old. This door could be the original. I think I will have to take it apart to fix it, but I don’t want to do that without having a replacement roller ready to go.

The bottom of the door frame has a single hole in it. In fact, each of the four edges of the door have that same hole. I believe this door could be mounted like it is, or turned upside down.

Let me know how you think I should proceed!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm not really sure what rollers you need based on this information. However, we may still have something that can be used as a replacement. Could I see a few pictures of the rollers in question? I would need to see them fully removed. That will help us determine what you need.
A home owner from USA says:
Well, I think I have to take the door off to do that. And that is what I'm trying to avoid.

Here's what I know.
There are two rollers at the front and two at the back.
The first roller starts about 3" in from the edge of the door.
I can stick a screwdriver through the hole in the bottom of the door. But it will only go in 1". I think there is a piece of metal there that stops it.
Same arrangement on the back.
However, at the top of the door I can stick a screwdriver through that hole and it just goes through.
I tried to move the roller up and down but I didn't sense any movement.
I believe the problem is one or both rollers at the back. The rear of the door is much closer to the base than the front is.

My guess is that the roller assembly is something that slides into the bottom of the door. And unless I'm really missing something, is not adjustable.

I've been unable to find any other markings on the door other than the glass to identify its origin.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... it's hard to say, even with this information. There are just so many rollers with only subtle differences between them. Seeing what it looks like is really the best way. You might want to start by looking through our Patio Glass Door Tandem Roller Section and see what you can find there. You might especially want to look at our 81-095, which is used by many companies, but I do not know if it's what you have. Many rollers in that section are popular.
A home owner from USA says:
OK, I'm going to follow the guide and get the fixed door off. Then get the slider out and see what we really have under it.

Thanks for the help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)