Trying to find a replacement for these parts

A home owner from Austin, TX says:

Could someone help me identify a match in your catalog for these? I am not sure when I look at available SKUs. We have several screens that have lost one or the other. Most likely I would need three pairs (left and right).

Thanks,

Neal 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Scrren Latch2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen latch1.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Neal.

It looks like you need a new knife latch. However, I can't be sure if we have a replacement while your latch is still in the frame. Could you remove it and show me? I will do my best to assist from there. 

Hi Emily,
I'm afraid I can't get it out of the screen to take a full picture of the knife latch by itself. (Plus I'm thinking I also won't be able to get it back in!). So I took 2 pictures of the left knife latch in extended mode #2248, and in place #2247.

The right one is also taken in 2249 as extended.

Also noticed we're missing a top clip of some kind--the one that works/in place is #2250, and the missing one in 2251.

Does this help?

Thanks
Neal
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2247.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2249.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2250.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2251.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Without seeing your latch removed, I can only make an educated guess. With that said, start by taking a look at our 70-172 and 70-174. However, you'll need to remove your original latch from the screen and compare our dimensions to yours to see if one of these matches up. That's the only way to determine if our parts will work for you. 

Here are updated pics with the knife latch removed. Would you say it's 70-172?

Thanks

Neal 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2267.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2268.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you, Neal! This is a huge help. We believe your knife latches have been discontinued but our 70-172 and 70-226 are indeed similar. Review our dimensions and compare them to yours to see what you think. 

How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.