Trying to replace pin with "finger lever"

A home owner from Stafford, CT says:
I have mutiple storm panels with this flap piece broken off. I have included pictures of a functional and broken piece. I believe it to be a pin type set up, but it is off center, with a grip on the end that extends into the track for friction. I have tried several places, but so far have been unable to come up with a suitable replacement.

The spring attached is EXTREMELY tight, and if I do find the part, I'm still not sure how I'm going to get everything apart to complete the repair.

Any help or direction is appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0677.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0678.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0679.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0680.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I wasn't able to find a good match for this latch. The only thing we have in our inventory that may work is our 91-179, but I'm not sure how its size compares to your original.

Truth be told, I don't think you'll have a lot of luck finding this part. Storm windows are dying off these days since most home owners are opting for vinyl windows. It's getting harder and harder to find the rights parts to repair them. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.