U Channel Door Bottom & threshold

A professional from Boston MA says:
Would you please tell me how much of an extension does the 58-025 u-channel door bottom add to the height of the door? I need to make up about a one inch gap at the bottom of the door along with an ADA compliant threshold. I am an Architect and am working on a 280 unit housing project and need to find a solution to a mistake made in the field. I would appreciate your quickest response as time is of the essence here. Thanks, Janice
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
With the bubble at the base of the door bottom you should be able to make up the 1". If you are planning a large project we strongly suggest purchasing one for a sample to make sure it installs well and meets your needs.
A home owner from MADISON, AL 35758 says:
I just need air seal vinyl inserts for the 58-025 item, preferably in black, Do you sell it separately? and how much they cost? and if they have a specific code to purchase them on-line thank you so much Sergio Barbieri
A home owner from nj says:
Is the u-channel made of plastic material and is the vinyl insert sold separetly. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The U-channel of the 58-025 is metal and the insert is vinyl. Both the U-channel and insert are included.
A home owner from FL says:
Can the air seal vinyl insert for the 58-025 be purchased separately?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The Swisco 58-025 has been discontinued.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.